Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

10 reasons to raise chickens in your backyard garden

01 - you get the healthiest, antibiotic and pesticide free best tasting eggs.
02 - the provide natural bug pest control in your garden.
03 - your chickens will forage your garden until it is ready to be planted - saving you time and backaches.
04 - you get fertilizer you could not pay for.
05 - they eat your vegetable scraps
06 - your children and any visitors will learn about animals and their beingness and respect for nature.
07 - they make cheap pets
08 - you get hours and hours of entertainment (and relaxation) from watching them.
09 - they keep your brain young and healthy through learning and your body by being outdoors more.
10 - healthy tasty meat from chickens that had a good life (if you eat meat)

and not to forget -  they are an almost endless source of joy.

Why am I getting chickens?

At this time I think I am getting chickens for  help in the garden with getting beds ready to be planted, for the eggs and for having a reliable food source.

I also happen to love birds and I am suspicious that I will simply love being around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment